Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dec 23, 2011 Regan's Quilt

My son Regan has been going through some tough times over the past year.  He hasn't wanted parental involvement in any way shape or form and so in an effort to show my love for him in a way that he wouldn't reject and to channel my mothering instincts into something positive (focusing on faith rather than fear) I chose to make him this quilt.  I ordered a kit from Keepsake Quilting called "Labrynth", taking delivery the 1st week in December.  The deep rich batiks were absolutely beautiful. The quilting pattern I used was Anne Bright's "Quill b2b".  My quilting machine ended up in the shop twice with electronic repairs during the quilting process.  My friend Sandy Name stood by (having already finished her Christmas prep) willing to hand stitch the binding for me within hours of my finishing it. Needless to say that it was a stressful few weeks.  Start to finish, the quilt took about 3 weeks.  It was wrapped and under the tree on Christmas morning. Regan's reaction was very gratifying when he said upon first opening the box "Is this MY Quilt?" with a grin from ear to ear and a BIG hug I had waited what seemed like a lifetime to receive. Tears flowed.








No comments:

Post a Comment