Wednesday, December 11, 2013

So honored! My quilt took third place.

Update:  January 10, 2014  Would you believe this is the first chance I have had to sit down and update this blog.  I am so very excited that I won third place in the Iron Quilter's challenge.  By winning 3rd place I was able to select in order the prizes that I would prefer. Since I would have been happy with any one of the top three prizes, 1 - Babylock sewing machine - $800.00 SRP  2 - Missouri Star Quilter's cash $500.00  and 3 - RJR Fabric package $500.00. I said it didn't matter which one.  The next morning I was informed that I had won the top prize, the $800.00 Babylock Sewing Machine.  I am thrilled.  I now have a blanket stitch to do applique work.  I am excited to learn to use this machine.  My hubby saw the package come before I did and wrapped it up so I could open it on Christmas morning.  So excited.  In addition to winning third place I was encouraged to produce a pattern for this quilt.  So I ordered additional charm packs (pictured with the machine) and am just getting started working on re-producing the quilt to document the directions.  Another wonderful thing that happened was that I was invited to submit this quilt for a special quilting exhibit next fall. Does it get any better than this?  So honored.



I am so excited that I made the final 28 of 459 quilts.  The voting now goes on in this final round until Midnight on Dec 15th.  I know it is a very busy time of year to ask people to take a few minutes out to do you a favor but I would so appreciate anyone willing to take the time to vote again in this final round.  Here is the current link to the finals and my quilt.  I have loved this experience of reading people's comments. They have given a lift to my days like no other.

Click here to vote on "Focus on Beauty" in the final round of voting.




2 comments:

  1. I was so excited that you placed 3rd and won a sewing machine. Your quilt was beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online Stitching Machine- Some quilters painstakingly part a quilt top with pride only to send it out to a professional quilter for finishing. Suppose quilting your masterpiece block machine by block for more control over the finished quilt and the satisfaction of completing the entire project yourself. This piece delivers a whole critique of the Stitching Machine.

    ReplyDelete