Sunday, April 1, 2012

May 2011 My Homeward Bound Quilt

I pieced this quilt myself while waiting for my longarm machine to be delivered.  I love this pattern.  It is called Homeward Bound and was featured in a book called Forty Fabulous Quick Cut Quilts by Evelyn Sloppy.  The whole look of the quilt changes depending on how far away from the quilt you are.  It looks great in my family room but since it is one of the few I have quilted that I still own, it is displayed in my quilt studio.  I quilted it with Anne Bright's "Marigold", an edge to edge pattern.  I would love to do this one over with the experience I now have in quilting.  As it was I had decided that if I didn't trust myself to quilt my own quilts then how could I expect someone else to trust me with theirs.  So this was a quilt I did early on in my longarm career.





No comments:

Post a Comment