Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Abstract Pumpkins

When I was first shown this quilt, it was turned upside down and we talked about how abstract the design was. Silly me, I thought they were fruit trees with tiny trunks so I quilted grass beneath the trees.  When Roseanna took it home her son said they looked like apple trees to him too, so she brought it back and asked me to put some leaves and vines on top of the "pumpkins" but not to worry about removing the grass texture.  That's the trouble with abstract, you can't always tell what it is.  Now they look like pumpkins.  Can't believe I didn't take a picture of the whole quilt.

The quilt was mostly 6 inch blocks with one row of pumpkins close to the bottom. 
This shows the pattern used in the bocks, flipped and mirrored every other one. 
Border and stop border. Loved the print on the stop border so the quilting was done in white so as not to detract from the beauty of this fabric.  The design is printed in light olive green.

No comments:

Post a Comment