Monday, June 10, 2013

"Pear" adise Quilt

The Quilt pattern is called "Pear" adise by Pixie Girl Quilts and was pieced by Roseanna. I loved the fabric choices. I had lots of time to think about this one because life seemed to conspire against my getting it done in a timely manner.  Thank goodness she was forewarned and patient.  I took photos of the quilt to the Art and Stitch Retreat which I coordinated at the Handi Quilter Studios in April and tried to get inspiration.  There was a sampler type quilt there made by Marie which was very interesting.  On the last day of the retreat, Loes, the developer and teacher of Art and Stitch (the digitizing program we were learning) said, Cindy, I have the perfect idea for your quilt.  She then explained that each of the pear blocks could be divided into different fills for the background.  I loved the idea, took pictures of the sampler quilt and talked with Roseanna about this idea which she loved as well.

Letting go of custom quilts is like letting go of a child.  I worry over it, lose a bit of sleep and stress over each individual decision. Unpick, restitch and generally drive myself crazy over little details that no one else will ever notice. Because I am seeing it through a magnifying glass, one section at a time, I see every flaw.  I am praying it will all come together in the way I imagined it would.  Then I hold my breath, take it off the frame and I am always amazed at how beautifully the piecing and machine quilting come together.  I take pictures and then send it on it's way.  So sad to see it go.  Wish I could hang it on my wall to enjoy for a while.

The background fills are from the Art and Stitch Creative fills library. I created the pear and leaf patterns in Art and Stitch.



















1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! WOW look at that detail! It is Beautiful! Way to go, you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete